If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (336) 379-1772

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

How To Treat Mold on Your Own

5/3/2019 (Permalink)

Don't let mold creep into your home

Mold has many different varieties, one of which can also be toxic. People respond to mold differently depending on their own sensitivities to it. Where allergies are concerned some may have reactions, while others may not experience any affects from it. When mold is a toxic mold however, it will affect anyone even without showing immediate symptoms of mold exposure and can cause some serious health concerns. It is best to therefore remove all and any type of mold before it spreads.

You can remove some mold yourself. However, it must be done properly. Using a wet cloth may make it disappear visually, but it will not be effective. Mold will grow back again and again unless it is properly removed. In some cases, even if it is properly removed, so long as there is not enough ventilation, and you don’t improve your ventilation, then new mold can still grow back.

The best way to try and get rid of mold on your own is to use a mix of detergent or bleach. You must eradicate the spores. It’s the spores which you can’t see that get left behind. If you only wipe the mold away with a wet cloth you aren’t going to kill them off. The spores are what grows back the mold which you can then see. Always be careful when removing mold as the spores can and often do become airborne. You should wear a mask for safety.

If your mold problem is significant, you would be best advised to hire a professional to clean away the mold. The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) recommends having professionals come in when the mold growth exceeds 10 square feet. At SERVPRO of Greensboro North, we are available to be reached 24/7 and 365. Just give us a call at 336-379-1772. We can determine the type of mold, the cause of the mold and will remove it safely and completely.

Other News

View Recent Posts